Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Twelve Days of Guy Friend Christmas..Day 2.

Guy Friend puts the Irish in, um, well, the Irish. And damn proud of it!

He's also German, but I never saw him in lederhosen or anything....I'm still trying to ascertain if he has hair on his chest or not, with the limited view I'm so frequently offered. I've never seen him in shorts, so I can't comment on his legs. When my mom saw him on Christmas Day after not seeing him for a year, she said he looked thinner (he's pretty slim anyway).

So, Day 2, Gift 2's card reads: "Never piss on the Irish or their sod! --Santa McClaus"  (reminiscent of the bag of Irish authentic soil/ sod I gave him for his birthday in May (4 days before mine!). I jokingly said I was giving it to he AND Lady GuyGuy since she was there (Hi, awkward! Fumble ball!), but in which I wrote in the gift card for his eyes only, "For an Irish dirtbag..." which Lady GuyGuy didn't like (because she's lame and not funny or sarcastic) , in which Guy and I found much hilarity.

Here's the note:

And the ornament! My, but it's heavy. And made in China!


Stay tuned for tomorrow's installment, which'll probably also be on East Coast time. I know, I'm cheating a little. But what's an hour?

Yesterday, everyone was ga-ga over the Nexium sample. It's apparently a big win to have a bottle of it!  Don't come, break in and steal my acid reducer! But I like the ornament. It's uniquely Guy Friend taste. Either that, or it's something they got, hated and regifted. PS, the Kate Spade hand warmers I wanted for Christmas just went on clearance sale & I also have a 25% off coupon. I've shaken and handled each gift from Guy, but I can't tell if any of them have the warmers.

I'm strongly resisting the impetus to respond with this:



No comments: