Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Luck of the Irish

My annual contribution to St. Patrick's Day...Don't get me wrong--I LOVE the Irish. My best friend is Irish. My son is Irish. My Tatus is Irish. Lennon/Ono wrote this song because of the injustice going on in Northern Ireland back in the late 60's/early 70's. Fuck, it beats "Danny Boy."

"If you had the luck of the Irish, you'd be sorry and wish you was dead. If you had the luck of the Irish, you would wish you was English instead...."

This one goes out to my favorite somewhat Irishman, Luke, and my other favorite Irishman, Tatus, my Irish nephew Jake....and my best friend, the inimitable Kate. Admittedly, they're all Irish-Americans, but what the hell..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Miss Thang I,
Did I ever regale you with the tales of one St. Paddy's Day spent in NYC? I was warned ahead of time -- and those warnings proved correct. My only two regrets were:
1) Not asking several people if I could take photos of their outfits.
2) Takin' a wee nip myself o' the hair o' the dog. For some inexplicable reason, I thought 0900 was too early to begin "celebrating". I was wrong.

Greenly yours,
Miss Thang II

The Offbeat Drummer said...

Miss Thang II,

You bad girl! Ah, how I sometimes miss my days petting the hair o' the dog, especially on a holiday celebrating the heritage of some of my most beloved friends and my son. Are you Irish by chance?

Careful with that camera!

Miss Thang I