Saturday, March 3, 2012

True Story.

I was outside (freezing), having a smoke on my back porch, when my next door neighbor walked up the sidewalk to our townhomes.

Next Door Neighbor: "Hi. How are ya?"
Me: "Freezing! How are you?"
NDN: "Sad."
Me: "Sad? Why?"
NDN: "My chinchilla died."
Me: "Aw, I'm sorry to hear that."
NDN: "Yeah. Thanks. We found her earlier today, but we had to go to the basketball tournament, so we just left her there."
Me: "You left her there?"
NDN: "Yeah, well we stopped at home to grab some stuff and didn't have time to do anything, so we just left her there."
Me (stunned): "Oh."
NDN: "You don't have any extra shoe boxes, do you?"
Me: "No, sorry."
NDN: "I gotta get a shoe box and go bury her over at my mother's house."
Me (breathing a huge sigh of relief that it wouldn't be on our communal property, or in our dumpster): "That sucks, I'm really sorry."
NDN: "Well, she was at about that age....we just found her....."
Me: "I hope she went peacefully."
NDN: "Thanks."
Me: "Ok, see ya."
NDN: "Bye." (Hug)

THEY JUST LEFT HER THERE. IN THEIR HOUSE. THE DEAD CHINCHILLA. ALL DAY. IN THE HOUSE. THEY LEFT HER THERE. A DEAD ANIMAL.

That is all.

No comments: