Friday, November 18, 2011

Those Three Words: Part 1

I'm trying desperately to rebuild my self-esteem after it was literally destroyed by HIM, who made me feel that I was lucky HE loved me because who other than a great guy like him would love someone with as many things wrong with them as me? Trying to see myself as awesome, though all I can see are the flaws most of the time.

When I do praise myself and regale my positive attributes in public, I get labeled as self-absorbed. Asking a ? of all my friends and readers out there....what 3 words would you use to describe me? They can be positive or negative attributes. Just the 3 things that stand out about me. I'm working on another blog about it. Thanks for your participation in advance. Facebook friends can comment on the status update on Facebook.

Trying to remove that ingrained negative thought pattern in my head. I will share straight away what my best male friend said, as well as my son.

BMF: Beautiful. Evocative. Fragile.
Luke: Wacky. Skinny. Clean.

One of my dear college friends messaged me with the following, which are all excellent to remember:

Here's some truth to counteract those negative thoughts when they surface. Because all those things (scratch that - LIES that he told you? NOT TRUE!!!!!) Love you!

I am God's treasure (1 Peter 2:9-10)
I am dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
I am being transformed (2 Corinthians 3:18)
I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:6-8)
I am an heir of God (Romans 8:17)
I am a friend of God (John 15:15)
I am free (Romans 6:16-18; 8:1-2)
I am capable (Philippians 4:13)
I am spiritually alive (Ephesians 2:5)
I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I am welcome in God's presence (Ephesians 2:18, Hebrews 4:14-16)
I am sheltered and protected in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am valuable to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of God's family (Ephesians 2:19; 1 John 3:1-2)
I am chosen for success (John 15:16)
I am complete (Colossians 2:9-10)
I am secure (Romans 8:31-39)
I am confident (Philippians 1:6)
I am gifted with power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)


No comments: